Updated: May 4, 2019
Lifestyle is defined by a set of attitudes, habits or actions by which a person lives. In all areas of life from personal health, to relationships, to career.
The main tool for success in living a healthy lifestyle for both adults and children is the ability to make wise choices.
Our daily choices can either empower a happy, healthy mind and body, or they can contribute to poor physical and mental health.
A healthy lifestyle is not defined by one action but is made up of hundred of little habits and choices every single day.
Here is a list of 10 places to start to help you have a happier, healthier life for you and your family in the New Year.
1. Graze on nutritious food throughout the day.
2. Shop the perimeter sections at the grocery store and avoid the middle sections with all the processed food.
3. Start the day with a brainy breakfast.
4. Do thirty to sixty minutes of physical activity daily. Spend more time playing and moving and less time sitting and watching.
5. Love yourself and the body type you have. A healthy body looks different on everyone.
6. Eliminate toxic and negative thoughts. Journal and mediate to connect to your true self.
7. Make sleep a priority.
8. Reduce the toxic load in your home by using natural products to clean your home and body.
9. Drink more water and less sugary drinks and caffeine.
10. Take time to focus on what you are grateful for each day.
Health is a gift available to all of us if we choose to take action.
I want to invite you to start today! Choose one of these ten healthy habits and practice it this week. Don’t try to change everything all at once.
Remember little steps toward a healthy lifestyle are better than no steps at all.
“You fill a bucket drop by drop.
You clear your mind thought by thought.
You heal yourself moment by moment.”
— Lisa Wimberger, Founder, Neurosculpting Institute